Lacey Q & A
Hey there! Time to get to know Lacey a little better. You'll laugh...you'll cry...you'll...ok maybe you won't do either of those, but at least you'll know a few random facts about the girl behind the camera before you meet face to face!
What three things (or more) do you love most besides your family?
- Jimmy Johns Delivery
- Being in the mountains
- Brand new makeup
- All kinds of gadgets. I love technology
- Indoor rock climbing
What makes you laugh the most?
- Definitely my husband. He is the wittiest person I know. I'm always in awe of the things he comes up with.
What do you love most about being a photographer?
- Being a photographer has really made me grow and learn about myself. Photography has pointed out a lot of weaknesses which hasn't always been easy to except, but by pushing forward I've become a lot stronger and secure in who I am.
Who would play you in a movie of your life?
- Zooey Deschanel. Back when I had long hair and bangs I was told I looked like her all the time. Plus her quirkiness and ability to play a girl who's always getting into awkward situations could totally reflect my life. LOL!
Where is your happy place?
- I love the Pacific North West anywhere along the coast from Oregon to Alaska. Being there makes me feel like I've come home. I also love being in the mountains here in Utah. I'm always game for a hike.
- "A lot of cheap seats in the arena are filled with people who never venture onto the floor." -Brené Brown I have this stuck to my computer so whenever I'm nervous about putting my art out there I can remind myself of this.
Favorite TV show?
- The Goldbergs. I love the 80s references.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
- If grumpy, give food.
What makes you happy at the moment?
- I have loved watching my kids as they are starting to do different sports. Soccer just ended, but I loved hanging out on the field and cheering them on. My daughter is a natural at most things and recently made the swim team. I can wait to see where it takes her.
What is one of your favorite memories?
- The day we found out we were chosen to be our daughters parents by her birth mom. I've never been so shocked! We had waited years to become parents and we had a big group of people cheering us on. I'll never forget calling everyone and sharing the news that in two weeks all our dreams would come true. There was so much happy screaming and crying going on. I'll never forget the joy I felt that day.
What are a few random facts about you?
- I loved bugs as a kid and once took a stink bug for show and tell. Unfortunately, it didn't survive the long journey to school.
- I'm a licensed cosmetologist and did hair for 14 years before switching to photography.
- I played Mother Abbess in Sound of Music when I was in 9th grade.
So there you have it! Would you add anything else? Feel free to contact me or visit my About Page to learn more!